Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX Default Title Problem

The default title, "Far Far Away" isn't showing any text in the preview screen.

I was wanting to make a star wars style video but when ever I insert this title into the timeline the default random text will appear for a moment before disappearing entirely. When I try inserting custom text it won't show anything.

All settings are set to default, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program. All other titles work without issues.

Posted on May 28, 2022 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2022 4:08 PM

Start by trashing the preferences. Hold ⌥ ⌘ as you double click the library you want to open to launch the application. A dialog appears asking you if you want to Delete Preferences. If you don't do this while double-clicking your library, the application will open a default Untitled library.  

If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the application from the App Store. Still no title we should look for a software conflict. Please post an EtreCheck report https://etrecheck.com giving the application Full Disk Access in Privacy System Preferences. Copy the report and use the Add Text button to paste the result into reply box. 

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2022 4:08 PM in response to Cougarkai

Start by trashing the preferences. Hold ⌥ ⌘ as you double click the library you want to open to launch the application. A dialog appears asking you if you want to Delete Preferences. If you don't do this while double-clicking your library, the application will open a default Untitled library.  

If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the application from the App Store. Still no title we should look for a software conflict. Please post an EtreCheck report https://etrecheck.com giving the application Full Disk Access in Privacy System Preferences. Copy the report and use the Add Text button to paste the result into reply box. 

FCPX Default Title Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.