Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple id invalid or not supported

I have made a new Apple ID because my old one stopped working after an update a few years ago, it still has the e mail addy I used under my name in the settings, but I cannot access the ID's password even after going to Forgot Password, it continues to say Apple ID is invalid or not supported, I am trying to get to buy a new phone and it will not allow me or the AT&T tech to access the feature to wipe all my previous information off the phone, Apple support could not help after sending it up a couple of supervisors during a call to Apple tech support

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on May 28, 2022 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 12:17 AM

my old one stopped working after an update a few years ago, it still has the e mail addy I used under my name in the settings, but I cannot access the ID's password even after going to Forgot Password,

It depends on what you did with your 'old Apple ID'. If you have deleted it, it is no longer valid, it simply no longer exists and it no longer works.

To understand about a deleted Apple ID, see the Apple articles below:

How to delete your Apple ID account

How to delete your Apple ID account – Apple Support (UK)

Understand and control the personal information that you store with Apple

Understand and control the personal information that you store with Apple - Apple Support

I have made a new Apple ID

You are sign in here .  .  .  with your 'new' Apple ID & Password (?)

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

Then you have to use the Apple ID that you use to sign in here.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2022 12:17 AM in response to ronjon1632

my old one stopped working after an update a few years ago, it still has the e mail addy I used under my name in the settings, but I cannot access the ID's password even after going to Forgot Password,

It depends on what you did with your 'old Apple ID'. If you have deleted it, it is no longer valid, it simply no longer exists and it no longer works.

To understand about a deleted Apple ID, see the Apple articles below:

How to delete your Apple ID account

How to delete your Apple ID account – Apple Support (UK)

Understand and control the personal information that you store with Apple

Understand and control the personal information that you store with Apple - Apple Support

I have made a new Apple ID

You are sign in here .  .  .  with your 'new' Apple ID & Password (?)

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

Then you have to use the Apple ID that you use to sign in here.

May 29, 2022 6:10 AM in response to ronjon1632

Spent a bit of time on the phone with Apple support, he walked me through the steps on how to rid myself of the old ID, ended up wiping the phone clean, basically like it was a new phone out of the box, then went through and did the same with the new phone, so now I can trade the old one in and the new one can be reloaded with the apps and such, a bit of a bummer losing the pics and songs but I had saved them to the computer, so more of an inconvenience. No more "ghost" apple id on the phone, I didn't get the tech's name, but he was extremely helpful and patient

Jun 6, 2022 11:11 PM in response to minmmm

Yes, you have, contact Apple support for help, -> Get Support (apple.com)

You have to show proof of ownership of your product, provide all documentation showing your purchase of the device.

If you do not have additional proof of ownership, contact the reseller. They may be able to provide the original purchase document.

Once Apple receive your proof of ownership, Apple will further review your request and provide an update.

Apple id invalid or not supported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.