Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to turn off USB charging in my iPad

I have seen this question asked many times, but no answer. Is it possible to turn off the charging when I plug in the USB cable to my iPad? I am using it with my drone and it drains the battery of the controller to the point that the controller use time is halved. I don't need a 100% charged iPad and a dead controller. If I can turn off charging, or use a cable that only transfers data, I can actually get through enough flights to finish a job before the controller dies.

Thanks

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 28, 2022 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 12:59 AM

to the best of our knowledge, it's not possible, which may be the reason of lack of answers

This is a user forum, you are not addressing apple here  just  fellow users

you can try contacting apple Support ->  Get Support (apple.com)

and or give them feedback -> Product Feedback - Apple

3 replies

May 29, 2022 2:18 AM in response to WDochnahl

You cannot disable USB charging of your iPad. Whenever your iPad is connected to a USB-bus that is capable of sourcing sufficient power, the iPad will charge. It is the power-source that determines whether or not to provide power - not the power-sink that receives power.

Unless you DJI controller has the ability to inhibit charging of an externally connected device, you’re out of luck.

If both your iPad and controller both have a USB-C connection that support USB PD (Power Delivery), the sequence that you connect the USB-C cable to connected devices will determine which device be becomes the power source.

Need to turn off USB charging in my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.