Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone Glitch

For a while now I have been having a problem with my phone that I am hoping I can get some help with.

Using my phone, first of all, it is really laggy and slow. That could be because of how long i’ve had it (2 years) and wearing down over time, But there are somethings unusual. I open an app such as Snapchat and it will forget all the data, i have to power off and on my phone several times before it is back and this has happened with every app thay involves saved information. And my biggest problem is something i will try my best to explain. Essentially, at random periods of time all my apps will either freeze or stop working and then be followed by the black loading screen that happens when an iphone dies, except my phone could be fully charged and this still happens every 5-10 mins. It will then start to flicker leaving my phone unusable until the flickering of the loading screen stops, which is at random. Sometimes, it will let me type in my password but then be followed up by a flicking time period until i get the chance to power it off.

I would really appreciate some help as I don't know what to do and currently cant get another phone,

Thanks.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on May 28, 2022 8:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2022 9:05 PM

Dazeuki Said:

"Phone Glitch: [...]Biggest problem is something i will try my best to explain. Essentially, at random periods of time all my apps will either freeze or stop working and then be followed by the black loading screen that happens when an iphone dies, except my phone could be fully charged and this still happens every 5-10 mins. It will then start to flicker I would really appreciate some help as I don't know what to do and currently cant get another phone,[...]"

-------

Clear Space:

System resources are likely being swollen up. This typically occurs when little store remains So, try clearing internal storage. Refer to the following.

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

And...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

And...

C. "Other" being the Culprit:

Use this Link: How to Check the Storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. The storage named "Other" is the grey bar. So, to clear that, this is what to perform: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2022 9:05 PM in response to Dazeuki

Dazeuki Said:

"Phone Glitch: [...]Biggest problem is something i will try my best to explain. Essentially, at random periods of time all my apps will either freeze or stop working and then be followed by the black loading screen that happens when an iphone dies, except my phone could be fully charged and this still happens every 5-10 mins. It will then start to flicker I would really appreciate some help as I don't know what to do and currently cant get another phone,[...]"

-------

Clear Space:

System resources are likely being swollen up. This typically occurs when little store remains So, try clearing internal storage. Refer to the following.

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

And...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

And...

C. "Other" being the Culprit:

Use this Link: How to Check the Storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. The storage named "Other" is the grey bar. So, to clear that, this is what to perform: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Phone Glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.