Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini 2018 Bluetooth not working in Monterey

I have tried all the discussions in various threads but my bluetooth will not switch. Safe Boot, Reinstalling OS, Bluetooth module, starting up a new administrator still not switching on. This was not an issue in previous OS. So I am assuming it is not hardware but software.

Your replies to another user, basically sends them to a support page to bring their mini in to a shop. This is not an option as I need to use this device everyday. And as I said the device worked in previous OS versions, so there is really only one logical solution. Please fix this software issue.

Mac Mini

3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Bluetooth Controller:

Address: NULL

State: Off

Chipset: BCM_4350C2

Discoverable: Off

Firmware Version: v0 c0

Product ID: 0x0001

Supported services: 0x382039 < HFP AVRCP A2DP HID Braille AACP GATT Serial >

Transport: UART

Vendor ID: 0x004C (Apple)

Posted on May 28, 2022 11:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 2:13 PM

This is Apple's user to user forum and you are not speaking to Apple here.

If you need to contact Apple Support directly, go to > Apple Support

I'm not an expert in this area, but it looks like your Bluetooth Controller's Firmware is wonky.

I say wonky because the Bluetooth Firmware on my 2018 Mac Mini is Firmware Version: v111 c4429

First I would try resetting the SMC and NVRAN.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Then I would try reinstall the macOS again.

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Next I would run the Apple Diagnostics Test to check if the Bluetooth module is bad.

Apple Diagnostics reference codes - Apple Support

If the ADT reports bad Bluetooth Hardware, then your only option is to schedule a service appointment.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2022 2:13 PM in response to Hudson13hawk

This is Apple's user to user forum and you are not speaking to Apple here.

If you need to contact Apple Support directly, go to > Apple Support

I'm not an expert in this area, but it looks like your Bluetooth Controller's Firmware is wonky.

I say wonky because the Bluetooth Firmware on my 2018 Mac Mini is Firmware Version: v111 c4429

First I would try resetting the SMC and NVRAN.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Then I would try reinstall the macOS again.

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Next I would run the Apple Diagnostics Test to check if the Bluetooth module is bad.

Apple Diagnostics reference codes - Apple Support

If the ADT reports bad Bluetooth Hardware, then your only option is to schedule a service appointment.

May 29, 2022 9:51 PM in response to Hudson13hawk

You're welcome.

Glad to hear the ADT found no Hardware issues.

Again, we are just Apple users like yourself and do not have access to Apple Technical Support. If you wish to speak to someone at Apple, then you will need to contact Apple Support or make a service appointment at your local Apple Service Provider.

Apple Support

May 29, 2022 6:30 PM in response to den.thed

Thank you for your response. I did everything requested and the Diagnostics Test came back as everything is normal. As I said I think this is an OS/firmware issue, not hardware. Love to up load an image of the diagnostic test quickly, but can't as airdrop not working! due to bluetooth not working!

However the statement says"No issues found" Ref Code: ADP000

With the number of similar threads to mine, it is unlikely to be hardware issue. Something in Monterey is screwing up bluetooth in older Intels. Come on. Please get a tech to look into this.

May 30, 2022 4:32 AM in response to Hudson13hawk

You could simply try rolling back to time before doing the update from your Time Machine or clone backup being sure to save any data that may been added or changed between that time.

An alternative (or test), try installing an earlier version of macOS that you believe was working on an external boot drive and see if the issue is still present.

FWIW, the built in testing capabilities of the Mac, while quite good, may not catch everything that the extensive tests that an Apple Store tech has available.

Mac mini 2018 Bluetooth not working in Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.