Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print current view on a pdf

How do I print 'current view' on a pdf on a mac?

N.B. taking a screenshot is not an adequate solution. I am printing plans and they need to be to scale. At my office I have printers to handle larger paper sizes, but when I am out of the office and standard printers only do smaller paper sizes, I can't print A3/A2/A1/A0.

On windows I would zoom to whichever part of a plan I am working on, I print 'actual size' and 'current view', so I get the part of a plan that I need and it prints to scale. Can't seem to figure this out on my mac though? Seem like a basic function so hopefully I'm missing something?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 29, 2022 1:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 4:56 AM

Unclear if Apple's Preview can do what you want if you are implying PDF content. Try the following:

1. On the Tools menu, change from Text Selection to Rectangular Selection. This gives you a cross-hair selection cursor.
  2. Select the area of the plan that you want to focus on, and then from the View menu, select Zoom to selection.
  3. From the Print… panel, choose your paper size, and try Scale, experimenting with the percentage, or Scale to Fit: Fill entire paper settings.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2022 4:56 AM in response to Ryanono

Unclear if Apple's Preview can do what you want if you are implying PDF content. Try the following:

1. On the Tools menu, change from Text Selection to Rectangular Selection. This gives you a cross-hair selection cursor.
  2. Select the area of the plan that you want to focus on, and then from the View menu, select Zoom to selection.
  3. From the Print… panel, choose your paper size, and try Scale, experimenting with the percentage, or Scale to Fit: Fill entire paper settings.

Print current view on a pdf

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.