Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my phone and the theft turned off find my iPhone how I can locate my phone now

Did someone experience lost iPhone and the theft turned off find my iPhone how I can track my phone now

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 29, 2022 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 8:07 AM

The thief needs your Apple ID & password in order to turn off Find My. The usual way they get that is if you respond to a fake message that appears to be from Apple.

You should immediately change your password. See: Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support and If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Also see If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support including the following:

If your missing device doesn't appear in the Find My app or at iCloud.com/find, you didn't turn on Find My. There's no other Apple service that can find, track, or flag your device for you. But there are steps that you can take to help protect your data.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2022 8:07 AM in response to mor145

The thief needs your Apple ID & password in order to turn off Find My. The usual way they get that is if you respond to a fake message that appears to be from Apple.

You should immediately change your password. See: Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support and If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Also see If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support including the following:

If your missing device doesn't appear in the Find My app or at iCloud.com/find, you didn't turn on Find My. There's no other Apple service that can find, track, or flag your device for you. But there are steps that you can take to help protect your data.

I lost my phone and the theft turned off find my iPhone how I can locate my phone now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.