Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

factory reset someone else's iphone 6 when I do not have password or their apple ID

how do I factory reset someone else's iphone 6 when I do not have password or their apple ID

Posted on May 29, 2022 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 10:28 AM

You don’t. That’s a theft deterrent mechanism, and only the person holding the Apple ID and password associated with that Activation Lock, or Apple, can remove it. Either the Apple ID holder releases it, or you produce legal or original purchase receipts for consideration by Apple, or you recycle the device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2022 10:28 AM in response to freedom5500

You don’t. That’s a theft deterrent mechanism, and only the person holding the Apple ID and password associated with that Activation Lock, or Apple, can remove it. Either the Apple ID holder releases it, or you produce legal or original purchase receipts for consideration by Apple, or you recycle the device.

factory reset someone else's iphone 6 when I do not have password or their apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.