Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought this iPhone off someone in person and it is locked by the owner and I have tried to contact him and he doesn’t answer so what can I do?

I bought this iPhone off someone in person and it is locked by the owner and I have tried to contact him and he doesn’t answer so what can I do?

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on May 29, 2022 11:30 AM

12 replies

May 29, 2022 2:11 PM in response to ronaldo228

The law considers "possession of stolen property" a crime. If you did not know, they usually just collect it and ask who gave it to you. Trying to reclaim some of your money is not wise. Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on which you are) iPhones are usually too low on the ladder of crimes for anyone to prosecute (just ask the owners of phones who have discovered the thief but can get no action from the police).

This is a lesson for you, as we all must learn some things in life the hard way.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.