Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hdmi adapter output on MacBook Pro

Have a MacBook Pro (2018ish) trying to connect it to a projector. The hdmi adapter we got doesn’t seen to able to output. Are we missing a step or have to change something in settings?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 29, 2022 2:06 PM

2 replies

May 30, 2022 5:51 PM in response to CAEgenolf

CAEgenolf Said:

"Hdmi adapter output on MacBook Pro: Have a MacBook Pro (2018ish) trying to connect it to a projector. The hdmi adapter we got doesn’t seen to able to output. Are we missing a step or have to change something in settings?"

-------

Works just fine for me.

So, Troubleshoot the HDMI Connection:

• Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install.

• Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log int it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Ports) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

Hdmi adapter output on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.