Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my apple watch only 1.5 years old will not boot up while charging. Instead on occassion is flashes the white apple logo. What do I do.

my apple watch only 1.5 years old will not boot up while charging. Instead on occassion is flashes the white apple logo. What do I do.

Posted on May 29, 2022 5:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 2:20 PM

Update -- on problem/ info below.

I took the watch to the Apple Store Genius Bar and they ran it through some sort of test. It apparently is not the battery, it appears is is a problem with the inner workings. To repair/ replace this component is a cost of $379.

Obviously I am not willing to spend that much more on an Apple 6 cellular with gps watch.

So I will try again with a new one, but if it does not last longer than 18 months I'll need to find a different brand next time around.

I love the connectivity between my Apple products enough to try one more time.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 2:20 PM in response to 2b1ka

Update -- on problem/ info below.

I took the watch to the Apple Store Genius Bar and they ran it through some sort of test. It apparently is not the battery, it appears is is a problem with the inner workings. To repair/ replace this component is a cost of $379.

Obviously I am not willing to spend that much more on an Apple 6 cellular with gps watch.

So I will try again with a new one, but if it does not last longer than 18 months I'll need to find a different brand next time around.

I love the connectivity between my Apple products enough to try one more time.

May 30, 2022 10:12 AM in response to Community User

Thank you. I am now working through these steps from the link you sent and also trying a new charger which arrives today from Apple.

The watch currently only flashes the logo while it is connected to the existing charger and now when I remove it from the charger, it is 'dead' -- no logo or anything. I cannot get it to png from my phone (find my app) since the watch is totally dead.

It worked fine through Friday night/ but the battery died on Saturday which is when it did not seem to charge -- the watch said battery was at 1% and 0%. Since getting it back home to the USB port that I always use, the watch gets warm from the charger and flashes the logo about every couple of minutes but will never show the green charging icon.

Hopefully it is just a charger issue since the watch is 'dead', I can't seem to get my phone to connect to the watch. The watch worked perfectly before until the battery went to 0/1% and then never would charge from there.

I hope I can get it to charge enough so that I can do the 'factory reset' listed on these instructions in the link.

I'll keep you and community in the know about what happens. I have only had the watch a short 18 months.

May 30, 2022 12:55 PM in response to Community User

so an update -- new charger arrived, logo stayed on for longer after I connected it to charger, then the png I had sent yesterday evening pnged on my watch, the watch face appeared...when I dismissed the png (as it was continual) then the screen went black

Now I am charging for longer, will try charging for 2.5 hours

I imagine it was an apple update that did not install correctly since the watch did turn on

Or I have done a setting that has done something to the watch keeping it from going on

I have tried all of the side button ideas but can't do the factory reset because the watch is not on.

More soon -- hoping the 2.5 hour charge for the apple watch 6 will work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.