Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple mail- import mailboxes from Mojave volume to Catalina volume

I've got both Mojave and Catalina volumes on my iMac. I mainly use Catalina now but when I open Mail I don't see any of the mail folders that I saved On My Mac. If I switch startup discs to Mojave they are there. Is there a way that I can easily import them or drag them into the Catalina Mail?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 30, 2022 1:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 7:37 PM

Good day, cadplan45,

macOS Catalina introduced a new file system on a Mac. The entire structure of the macOS system software and how your data is stored changed. If you're not seeing the "On My Mac" folder it's likely because the locations for saving those emails are different between the two macOS versions.

This article explains the changes.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210650

Try this:

• Boot up in Mojave and create a temporary folder in Mail that is saved with your mail server, not on your Mac.
  • Once all the emails sync, restart and boot into Catalina. Drag the emails from the folder you just created to the "On My Mac" folder in Mail when booted to Catalina.

They won't be able to sync or mirror each other, but it should be a quick and easy way to get your "On My Mac" emails to your most macOS Catalina preference.

We hope this helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2022 7:37 PM in response to cadplan45

Good day, cadplan45,

macOS Catalina introduced a new file system on a Mac. The entire structure of the macOS system software and how your data is stored changed. If you're not seeing the "On My Mac" folder it's likely because the locations for saving those emails are different between the two macOS versions.

This article explains the changes.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210650

Try this:

• Boot up in Mojave and create a temporary folder in Mail that is saved with your mail server, not on your Mac.
  • Once all the emails sync, restart and boot into Catalina. Drag the emails from the folder you just created to the "On My Mac" folder in Mail when booted to Catalina.

They won't be able to sync or mirror each other, but it should be a quick and easy way to get your "On My Mac" emails to your most macOS Catalina preference.

We hope this helps.

apple mail- import mailboxes from Mojave volume to Catalina volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.