Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Impossible to use apps full-screen on macOS Monterey with Safari opened

I almost always I have Safari up and running on my Mac. In the last 2 weeks though, there is an issue with it. When I open full screen any app, after 4-5 seconds, the screen is rolling back to Safari. I can't figure it out why, and is really awkward and annoying. The only way to solve it is closing Safari. Does anyone have the same? Thanks in advance.

Mac Studio, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 30, 2022 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 9:01 AM

Thanks Louis, a simply restart didn't work. I entered Recovery Mode and repaired the disk. I think that helped. I tried to start in Safe Mode two times but didn't happen, I had a normal reboot instead. I turned off the Mac. Holding power till I saw the screen with the gear, then I clicked on Macintosh HD holding Shift. Didn't work but the issue is solved.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2022 9:01 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks Louis, a simply restart didn't work. I entered Recovery Mode and repaired the disk. I think that helped. I tried to start in Safe Mode two times but didn't happen, I had a normal reboot instead. I turned off the Mac. Holding power till I saw the screen with the gear, then I clicked on Macintosh HD holding Shift. Didn't work but the issue is solved.

May 30, 2022 8:11 AM in response to macraider

Did you try restarting your mac? You probably did, but in case you did not, often a simple restart can fix odd things.

If you did that already, try restarting in Safe Mode. It is slow, and meant as a test. Does the same problem occur in Safe Mode?

Does it return after you subsequently restart normally?

If the problem persists, please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

Impossible to use apps full-screen on macOS Monterey with Safari opened

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.