Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charger for iPhone 13 Pro

Does my older charger for iPhone 8 Plus also charges my iPhone 13 pro without damaging the battery?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on May 30, 2022 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 9:46 AM

Yes. Apple encourages using the older power adapters. See the following from Buy iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple

As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max do not include a power adapter or EarPods. Included in the box is a USB‑C to Lightning Cable that supports fast charging and is compatible with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports.

We encourage you to re‑use your current power adapters and headphones that are compatible with these iPhone models. But if you need any new Apple power adapters or headphones, they are available for purchase.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2022 9:46 AM in response to afshin33

Yes. Apple encourages using the older power adapters. See the following from Buy iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple

As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max do not include a power adapter or EarPods. Included in the box is a USB‑C to Lightning Cable that supports fast charging and is compatible with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports.

We encourage you to re‑use your current power adapters and headphones that are compatible with these iPhone models. But if you need any new Apple power adapters or headphones, they are available for purchase.

Jun 2, 2022 6:39 PM in response to afshin33

Thank you for your response. So I can charge the phone with both , my older liPhone charger and iPad charger which charge faster and they do not damage the battery on iPhone 13. But I assume it will take longer to charge the phone to reach the maximum level. My wife was at the Apple store few days ago and and they told her to purchase the 20 W USB-C power adapter . I attached a picture below. Again, thank you for your help and prompt response.

best regards,

shane

Jun 3, 2022 7:53 AM in response to afshin33

afshin33 wrote:

Thank you for your response. So I can charge the phone with both , my older liPhone charger and iPad charger which charge faster and they do not damage the battery on iPhone 13. But I assume it will take longer to charge the phone to reach the maximum level. My wife was at the Apple store few days ago and and they told her to purchase the 20 W USB-C power adapter . I attached a picture below. Again, thank you for your help and prompt response.

best regards,
shane

You can use your iPhone 8 power adapter and cable and they will not harm the battery on an iPhone 13.

The 20 watt power adapter will charge faster.

If you want to use a MagSafe wireless charger, as mentioned by Smilin-Brian, then you will need to use 20 watt.

Charger for iPhone 13 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.