Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

organize by conversation

I see a lot of questions in this forum about turning *off* the "organize by conversation" in Mac Mail.

Oddly, I have the opposite problem.

I have to individually that that feature *on* for each individual mailbox, or Smart mailbox. And sometimes it turns off again, even though I've previously actively turned it on. How can I make this setting global for all of my email accounts and all of my mailboxes?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 30, 2022 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 11:47 AM

Try this:  Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support (for Intel Macs) and Mac startup key combinations - Apple Support (for both types)

If that doesn't help try booting into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and reboot normally and test.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2022 11:47 AM in response to kcreevy

Try this:  Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support (for Intel Macs) and Mac startup key combinations - Apple Support (for both types)

If that doesn't help try booting into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and reboot normally and test.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

organize by conversation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.