Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disappearing email

I am having an issue with mail disappearing completely when I mark items as "Not Junk" that had landed in my Junk folder, or when I try to simply move those messages to the mailbox that they belong in.

I tried restarting my computer in Safe Mode but that didn't help.

I also tried using Time Machine to recover the mail, but that doesn't appear to be an option. I know that others have had this problem, but I cannot find an answer that solves the issue.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 30, 2022 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 1:31 PM

denisefrombay village wrote:

I am having an issue with mail disappearing completely when I mark items as "Not Junk" that had landed in my Junk folder, or when I try to simply move those messages to the mailbox that they belong in.
I also tried using Time Machine to recover the mail, but that doesn't appear to be an option. I know that others have had this problem, but I cannot find an answer that solves the issue.

You can rebuild individual mail boxes...

Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

For problem accounts the go to way is delete the account and then add it back in...

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Note—

• IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

• POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

• "On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2022 1:31 PM in response to denisefrombay village

denisefrombay village wrote:

You can rebuild individual mail boxes...

Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

For problem accounts the go to way is delete the account and then add it back in...

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Note—

• IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

• POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

• "On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

disappearing email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.