Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth no audio ios 10.13.6

Using old MacBook Pro (2011 / IOS 10.13.6). Bluetooth device (sony SRS xb01) speaker. Device connects to the MacBook. The MacBook (iTunes) responds to commands (pushing button on speaker) but audio is not transmitted to the speaker; the audio continues to play on the MacBook.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 30, 2022 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 11:36 PM

Actual fix was an update for OSX 10.13.6 The update included a fix for Airplay.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1970?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

6 replies

May 30, 2022 1:56 PM in response to kmot01

Hello,

Try that to fix your issue:

Open Finder, then click in the menu bar Go > Go to Folder. Type /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and then press Return.

The proper file should be highlighted, the plist file for your Bluetooth system. Drag it to the Trash, then reboot your Mac. This will force macOS to rebuild the configuration files for each of your Bluetooth devices.

Or, you can reset the Bluetooth module:

Click on a Bluetooth icon with Shift and Option keys pressed at the same time. A "Debug" menu should show up. Open it and press on a "Restart Bluetooth module".

Hope it would help you!

May 30, 2022 3:10 PM in response to TheAquawave

"Audio MIDI Setup" I did not find a menu or icon to open up this app. In the "SOUND" app the only port option are INPUT and OUTPUT. The only type of output is "Internal Speakers."

This is an ancient machine --- early 2011. I am stuck at High Sierra. The speaker unit works; I can connect it to my iPad (and probably iPhone) to hear music away from the source device. Oh well. Thanks for you reposnes.

bluetooth no audio ios 10.13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.