Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to download iMac OS X 10 . Who can help me with this?

I have an old iMac which I recovered. Need to download OS X 10 onto a flash drive to re-install

Posted on May 30, 2022 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 1:50 AM

To perform this action will require booting from a Bootable Installer

The Bootable Installer can Only be performed on an Apple Computer 

This will have to be performed from a Qualifying Computer to run the version of macOS to be made on the Bootable Installer.

Example Only: Bootable Installer of High Sierra would have to be done on a computer that Qualifies to run High Sierra.

Notation: If the computer being used to perform this action is Too New or Too Old to qualify to run the version of macOS - this computer can not be used.

Alternative is, to gain access to a Qualifying Apple Computer from a family member, friend or associate.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 1:50 AM in response to chelsa289

To perform this action will require booting from a Bootable Installer

The Bootable Installer can Only be performed on an Apple Computer 

This will have to be performed from a Qualifying Computer to run the version of macOS to be made on the Bootable Installer.

Example Only: Bootable Installer of High Sierra would have to be done on a computer that Qualifies to run High Sierra.

Notation: If the computer being used to perform this action is Too New or Too Old to qualify to run the version of macOS - this computer can not be used.

Alternative is, to gain access to a Qualifying Apple Computer from a family member, friend or associate.

May 30, 2022 1:52 PM in response to chelsa289

Ok, chelsa289, i’d be delighted to help you out with that… here’s how ( see link) … ideally you should use Safari for download as the article has links that’ll open in the App Store… How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

i’d stay away from yosemite as it had a nasty wifi bug..

El capitan should be a-ok though

hope this helps

john b

I need to download iMac OS X 10 . Who can help me with this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.