Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone has been hacked

My iPhone has been hacked and they have accessed my banking app on my phone and accessed my credit card info. I have deleted the app what else do I need to do now?

iPhone 13

Posted on May 30, 2022 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 7:43 PM

Leesee66 Said:

"my iphone has been hacked: My iPhone has been hacked and they have accessed my banking app on my phone and accessed my credit card info. I have deleted the app what else do I need to do now? [...]We don’t know how the bank app was accessed our bank said it was through the iphone - sorry we don’t know"

-------

Troubleshooting a Hacked Device:

It was you account that was attacked --not your iPhone.

So, Four Things Here:

A. Modify your Credentials:

Having so much suspicion, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

B. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

C. Report this to Apple:

Have any suspicious items on the screen (i.e. messages)? Use my User Tip: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - User Tips

and...

D. Set this Up Anew:

If you are so concerned, then reset your iPhone, as if you were to sell it. Perform as interacted here, including the backup: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2022 7:43 PM in response to Leesee66

Leesee66 Said:

"my iphone has been hacked: My iPhone has been hacked and they have accessed my banking app on my phone and accessed my credit card info. I have deleted the app what else do I need to do now? [...]We don’t know how the bank app was accessed our bank said it was through the iphone - sorry we don’t know"

-------

Troubleshooting a Hacked Device:

It was you account that was attacked --not your iPhone.

So, Four Things Here:

A. Modify your Credentials:

Having so much suspicion, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

B. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

C. Report this to Apple:

Have any suspicious items on the screen (i.e. messages)? Use my User Tip: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - User Tips

and...

D. Set this Up Anew:

If you are so concerned, then reset your iPhone, as if you were to sell it. Perform as interacted here, including the backup: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

my iphone has been hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.