Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone storage

I have the iPhone XS running 14.8.1. I can’t do an update cause it keeps saying Iphone storage is full. I spent all

tonight deleting pictures, large attachments, unused apps and it still shows Im full. Any suggestions???

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on May 30, 2022 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 9:47 PM

When you delete photos, you need to go to a folder called recently deleted and delete them again to make sure they are deleted. You can also go into your settings

General -> storage

And see what is taking up all of your storage to see which apps to delete.

See article below for more information

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Hope this helped.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2022 9:47 PM in response to Ladygator97

When you delete photos, you need to go to a folder called recently deleted and delete them again to make sure they are deleted. You can also go into your settings

General -> storage

And see what is taking up all of your storage to see which apps to delete.

See article below for more information

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Hope this helped.

May 30, 2022 9:55 PM in response to Ladygator97

Ladygator97 Said:

"iPhone storage: I have the iPhone XS running 14.8.1. I can’t do an update cause it keeps saying Iphone storage is full. I spent all: tonight deleting pictures, large attachments, unused apps and it still shows Im full. Any suggestions???"

-------

Try Removing Data from the iPhone itself...

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

And...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

And...

C. "Other" being the Culprit:

Use my User Tip:  Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

iPhone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.