Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage full

I have big issues with this iPhone, when i update it to 14.4 suddenly storage becomes full i try to delete apps and some media but no solve , the problem is from other size is 25 GB in storage , also i try to delete the temporary data and cache but still issue .

please I want solution for this !!! Without effect on my data

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 11:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 11:37 PM

Probably you have a large chunk in the Recently Deleted sections of various apps. Clear all recently Deleted Sections under Photos, Voice Memos, Notes Folder, Files app etc.

That would surely solve and reduce the major portion of the "Others" and then Update to the latest iOS for your device.

iOS 13.6.1 --> Addresses an issue where unneeded system data files might not be automatically deleted when available storage is low

• Other: Non-removable mobile assets, like Siri voices, fonts, dictionaries, non-removable logs and caches, Spotlight index, and system data, such as Keychain and CloudKit Database. Cached files can't be deleted by the system.
  • System: Space taken by the operating system. This can vary based on your device and model.

About cached files in "Other"

Finder and iTunes categorize cached music, videos, and photos as Other instead of actual songs, videos, or photos. Cached files are created when you stream or view content like music, videos, and photos. When you stream music or video, that content is stored as cached files on your device so you can quickly access it again.

Your device automatically removes cached files and temporary files when your device needs more space.

If storage on your device differs from what you see in Finder or iTunes

Since Finder and iTunes categorize cached files as Other, reported usage for Music or Videos might differ. To view usage on your device, go to Settings > General > [Device] Storage.

If you want to delete the cached files from your device

Your device automatically deletes cached files and temporary files when it needs more space. You don't need to delete them yourself.

In short --> IGNORE, if you are not convinced, Restart the device. You will see that Others Storage will reduce but total storage will remain more or less the same.

Watch the demo in the GIF below made on my iPhone 6 iOS 12.4.7

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 11:37 PM in response to omab13a

Probably you have a large chunk in the Recently Deleted sections of various apps. Clear all recently Deleted Sections under Photos, Voice Memos, Notes Folder, Files app etc.

That would surely solve and reduce the major portion of the "Others" and then Update to the latest iOS for your device.

iOS 13.6.1 --> Addresses an issue where unneeded system data files might not be automatically deleted when available storage is low

• Other: Non-removable mobile assets, like Siri voices, fonts, dictionaries, non-removable logs and caches, Spotlight index, and system data, such as Keychain and CloudKit Database. Cached files can't be deleted by the system.
  • System: Space taken by the operating system. This can vary based on your device and model.

About cached files in "Other"

Finder and iTunes categorize cached music, videos, and photos as Other instead of actual songs, videos, or photos. Cached files are created when you stream or view content like music, videos, and photos. When you stream music or video, that content is stored as cached files on your device so you can quickly access it again.

Your device automatically removes cached files and temporary files when your device needs more space.

If storage on your device differs from what you see in Finder or iTunes

Since Finder and iTunes categorize cached files as Other, reported usage for Music or Videos might differ. To view usage on your device, go to Settings > General > [Device] Storage.

If you want to delete the cached files from your device

Your device automatically deletes cached files and temporary files when it needs more space. You don't need to delete them yourself.

In short --> IGNORE, if you are not convinced, Restart the device. You will see that Others Storage will reduce but total storage will remain more or less the same.

Watch the demo in the GIF below made on my iPhone 6 iOS 12.4.7

Storage full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.