Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I move data from my MacBook Air to my iMac? without migration assistant and above mentioned as it was not helpful

How do I move data from my MacBook Air to my iMac? without migration assistant and above mentioned as it was not helpful

Posted on May 31, 2022 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 8:10 AM

The best option if not using MA will be an external SSD connected to the old Mac, your user files and folders dragged and copied to that, then transported to the new iMac and copied onto that.

This will require that your new Mac already be properly set up and is simply taking your user files to it, ignoring network settings and all misc OS info.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 8:10 AM in response to AnnySher

The best option if not using MA will be an external SSD connected to the old Mac, your user files and folders dragged and copied to that, then transported to the new iMac and copied onto that.

This will require that your new Mac already be properly set up and is simply taking your user files to it, ignoring network settings and all misc OS info.

how do I move data from my MacBook Air to my iMac? without migration assistant and above mentioned as it was not helpful

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.