You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message “Update Payment “

iPhone asks me to "Update Payment Details". I just started getting a notification on my iPhone titled "Update Payment Details" that tells me, "There was a problem with your iCloud storage payment. Update your payment details to keep your 200 GB of iCloud storage." When I click on the "Update Payment" link below the message, it takes me to the "Payment & Shipping" screen. It shows my payment method (which is PayPal) and Master Card.

There is no indication on this last screen that there is any problem with the payment method.

I tried logging in to iCloud via a browser on my laptop and managing my Apple ID from there ?

Does anyone know what is going on

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on May 31, 2022 7:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 10:18 AM

shibani97,

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support -- This still could be that your payment method was declined. It may be as simple as writing the billing address differently than your bank does. Something such as “1234 Elm St.” vs “1234 Elm St” (without the period). Double-check all of the details to make sure you’ve entered your information correctly.

If you’re still unable to resolve the issue, you may want to reach out and Contact Apple Support or use this Get Support link for Billing and Subscriptions for further assistance.

Best regards.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 1, 2022 10:18 AM in response to shibani97

shibani97,

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support -- This still could be that your payment method was declined. It may be as simple as writing the billing address differently than your bank does. Something such as “1234 Elm St.” vs “1234 Elm St” (without the period). Double-check all of the details to make sure you’ve entered your information correctly.

If you’re still unable to resolve the issue, you may want to reach out and Contact Apple Support or use this Get Support link for Billing and Subscriptions for further assistance.

Best regards.

Jun 1, 2022 9:05 AM in response to shibani97

Hello shibani97,

Even though your payment method is still present, per the alert it does need to be changed or updated. Specifically, check your primary payment method to ensure it is working as expected or link your credit card directly.

All available options to update your payment method can be found here: Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

Regards.

Jun 1, 2022 9:31 AM in response to Drew_7

Hello, So my primary method is Mastercard. And the same is working fine, I have been doing all sorts of payments online. And the same card was working from past 5 months. I am not sure, what happened now.

Also, I know when there is problem with the card usually an error message occurs in red in front of card, as such there is no error in front of the card. But a notification from apple- asking me to update the payment information 😔

This is the only card which I have, I am really not sure what needs to be done.

Error message “Update Payment “

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.