Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep trying to add songs to a playlist, but will not be added

I keep trying to add songs to a particular playlist, but they will not add

Posted on May 31, 2022 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 3:54 PM

OK, so the problem is not the playlist. Actually that is good news.

Just a hypothesis, but the problem track may have slight corruption. Since it is working in your library, try converting it to a different format (e.g. to AAC if it is now an MP3), and see if the new file behaves better:

Convert a song to a different file format with the Apple Music app or iTunes for Windows – Apple Support (UK)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2022 3:54 PM in response to Holtville

OK, so the problem is not the playlist. Actually that is good news.

Just a hypothesis, but the problem track may have slight corruption. Since it is working in your library, try converting it to a different format (e.g. to AAC if it is now an MP3), and see if the new file behaves better:

Convert a song to a different file format with the Apple Music app or iTunes for Windows – Apple Support (UK)

May 31, 2022 6:03 PM in response to ed2345

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the two conditions you mention are met (the song is in the library and will play properly; the playlist is a regular playlist). The only thing wonder about is that I have let this playlist grow quite long—currently approximately 7300 songs. I have looked for any sign that there might be an upper limit for playlist, but haven’t found one

Jun 1, 2022 4:31 AM in response to Holtville

Holtville,

There is no documented limit on the length of a playlist, but not clear what is going on. You could experiment with splitting the list in two (and potentially put them into a single playlist folder so they can easily play together). Also check if there is anything unusual about the songs that won't add, especially if they are recent additions to your library.

I keep trying to add songs to a playlist, but will not be added

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.