Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not want to upgrade to Monterey. The updater keeps trying to get me to download and install. How do I block this from upgrades?

I do not want to upgrade to Monterey. The updater keeps keeps trying to get me to download and install. How do I block this from upgrades.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 31, 2022 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 8:14 PM

Hi,

About all you can do is go to System Preferences > Software Update > make sure "Automatically keep my Mac up to date" is unchecked > click on Advanced > make sure the options for "Automatically: ..." are unchecked. Also, look in your Applications folder and make sure "Install Monterey" isn't in there; trash it if it is.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 8:14 PM in response to macbookaironcomcast1

Hi,

About all you can do is go to System Preferences > Software Update > make sure "Automatically keep my Mac up to date" is unchecked > click on Advanced > make sure the options for "Automatically: ..." are unchecked. Also, look in your Applications folder and make sure "Install Monterey" isn't in there; trash it if it is.

I do not want to upgrade to Monterey. The updater keeps trying to get me to download and install. How do I block this from upgrades?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.