Apple Intelligence is now available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac!

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just updated to Mac Monterey 12.6.6 why am I prompted to update to Ventura days later?

I just updated to Mac Monterey 12.6.6 why am I prompted to update to Ventura days later?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 10:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 11:06 AM

diannefrommetropolis wrote:

okay thanks. it then asks for my admin password is that just my apple password?

It should be the password used for the administrator account. In most cases it would just be your own user login password for the Mac. It's usually not your Apple ID password, unless you chose to use the same password to log in to your Mac as your Apple ID password.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 1, 2023 11:06 AM in response to diannefrommetropolis

diannefrommetropolis wrote:

okay thanks. it then asks for my admin password is that just my apple password?

It should be the password used for the administrator account. In most cases it would just be your own user login password for the Mac. It's usually not your Apple ID password, unless you chose to use the same password to log in to your Mac as your Apple ID password.

Jun 1, 2023 10:42 AM in response to diannefrommetropolis

Because Ventura is newer and available and supported by your device.

Monterey got a security update May 18th but is still an older macOS version.

You can totally ignore the update to Ventura if you don't want it at this time. But in general Apple will always suggest and prompt the update to the newest macOS version your Mac can support.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.