Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM card in ipad

I don’t have cellar service on my iPad so is there any info on my iPad SIM card? I’ve gotten a new ipad and returning the old one to apple. Should I put the old SIM card into the new iPad? If not, should I erase the SIM card in the old iPad when returning it to apple?? Thank you so much!!!

Carolyn

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 31, 2022 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 4:13 PM

A sim card on an iPad holds no personal data at all. It simply provides the path to get data from a cellular provider if you pay for data services. Apple doesn't expect you to return the iPad with a Sim card installed, so remove it before returning the iPad to Apple. You can use it in your new iPad if you plan to pay for data services from the same provider you paid for data on the old iPad.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 4:13 PM in response to Mcelwolf

A sim card on an iPad holds no personal data at all. It simply provides the path to get data from a cellular provider if you pay for data services. Apple doesn't expect you to return the iPad with a Sim card installed, so remove it before returning the iPad to Apple. You can use it in your new iPad if you plan to pay for data services from the same provider you paid for data on the old iPad.

SIM card in ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.