Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I running out of storage on my iPhone? Shouldn’t it be backing up to I cloud? I still have 50 gb or MB’s left in I cloud. My phone should never run out of storage with I cloud

Why am I running out of storage on my iPhone when I Have iCloud backup on and still have most of my 50 MB’s of iCloud storage left? Is my device not backing up to iCloud for some reason? I had to delete a bunch of photos and a few apps on my iPhone to recover some storage on it.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 31, 2022 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 4:38 PM

let-let-66- wrote:

Why am I running out of storage on my iPhone when I Have iCloud backup on and still have most of my 50 MB’s of iCloud storage left? Is my device not backing up to iCloud for some reason? I had to delete a bunch of photos and a few apps on my iPhone to recover some storage on it.

Internal storage is different from icloud storage.

As you have found out, you have to delete data off yoru phone to gain back the memory.

Just because you back up to icloud doesn't mean it reduces your internal memory.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 4:38 PM in response to let-let-66-

let-let-66- wrote:

Internal storage is different from icloud storage.

As you have found out, you have to delete data off yoru phone to gain back the memory.

Just because you back up to icloud doesn't mean it reduces your internal memory.

Why am I running out of storage on my iPhone? Shouldn’t it be backing up to I cloud? I still have 50 gb or MB’s left in I cloud. My phone should never run out of storage with I cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.