Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork suite won't work on Mac 10.11.6 (says:Numbers cannot be opened because of a problem)-Any ideas why?.

my iWork '09 suite will load and work on my 10.6.8 mac but not the 10.11.6 mac. They are installed from the iWork disc. Any of you gurus have any idea why? the pop-up box says" Numbers cannot be opened because of a problem." It's a MacPro 4,1

Mac Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 31, 2022 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 2:18 AM

Provided that you installed from a retail iWork '09 DVD, the original applications are too old for El Capitan, and you should apply the downloadable iWork 9.3 Update that installs the Dec 2012 (last) versions of these iWork '09 applications (e.g. Pages v4.3, Numbers v2.3, and Keynote v5.3). These work on El Capitan as I have them installed.

Only the applications themselves are updated and introduce versioning and autosave (once an initial manual save is done).

Download iWork 9.3

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2022 2:18 AM in response to hereismycommunitiesusername

Provided that you installed from a retail iWork '09 DVD, the original applications are too old for El Capitan, and you should apply the downloadable iWork 9.3 Update that installs the Dec 2012 (last) versions of these iWork '09 applications (e.g. Pages v4.3, Numbers v2.3, and Keynote v5.3). These work on El Capitan as I have them installed.

Only the applications themselves are updated and introduce versioning and autosave (once an initial manual save is done).

Download iWork 9.3

iWork suite won't work on Mac 10.11.6 (says:Numbers cannot be opened because of a problem)-Any ideas why?.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.