Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WifI Scanner

Is there a WiFi Scanner on an iPhone 8+, iOS 15.5? I would like to measure the signal strength of our new ISP.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on May 31, 2022 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 11:33 AM

I concur with Bob that Wi-Fi scanning from an iPhone leaves a lot to be desired; however, there is a "built-in" scanner as part of the AirPort Utility app.

To enable it, tap on Settings > AirPort Utility. Slide the "Wi-Fi Scanner" option to the right.

To use it:

1. Tap on the AirPort Utility app.
  2. Tap on the "Wi-Fi Scan" option in the upper right-hand corner of the app.
  3. For "Scan duration," select the option of choice or leave it set to "Continuous."
  4. Tap on "Scan."
  5. When done scanning, tap on "Stop." Then tap on "Done."
  6. Since scanning uses the battery, disable this feature from the same location you enabled it before.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2022 11:33 AM in response to jeff1806

I concur with Bob that Wi-Fi scanning from an iPhone leaves a lot to be desired; however, there is a "built-in" scanner as part of the AirPort Utility app.

To enable it, tap on Settings > AirPort Utility. Slide the "Wi-Fi Scanner" option to the right.

To use it:

1. Tap on the AirPort Utility app.
  2. Tap on the "Wi-Fi Scan" option in the upper right-hand corner of the app.
  3. For "Scan duration," select the option of choice or leave it set to "Continuous."
  4. Tap on "Scan."
  5. When done scanning, tap on "Stop." Then tap on "Done."
  6. Since scanning uses the battery, disable this feature from the same location you enabled it before.

WifI Scanner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.