Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my phone says "call failed" when I try to make a call

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on May 31, 2022 10:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 10:23 PM

unconditionallove Said:

"my phone says "call failed" when I try to make a call"

-------

Troubleshooting Call Failed:

A. Installing a Cellular Update:

It may be prompting you for a cellular update to install. So, go here for that. Update your Carrier Settings Manually on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

also...

B. Troubleshooting "No Service":

"No Service" is shown on the top-left corner of your screen? So, go here to fix that: If you See No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 10:23 PM in response to unconditionallove

unconditionallove Said:

"my phone says "call failed" when I try to make a call"

-------

Troubleshooting Call Failed:

A. Installing a Cellular Update:

It may be prompting you for a cellular update to install. So, go here for that. Update your Carrier Settings Manually on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

also...

B. Troubleshooting "No Service":

"No Service" is shown on the top-left corner of your screen? So, go here to fix that: If you See No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

May 31, 2022 10:04 PM in response to unconditionallove

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If the above does not work then - Contact your carrier to ensure that you have active service provided to your iPhone.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.