You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trade in for my water damage MacBook

Can I get a trade in for my MacBook that got water damage ? Or should I fix it and if I try and fix it will it be like paying for a whole new MacBook ?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 31, 2022 10:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 11:33 PM

Water damage is not covered by warranty and having the Genius Bar fix it is your best solution if you need to trade it.

If you tell them that you wish to trade it, you should be issued a gift card on the spot as soon as it’s fixed. 😉

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 31, 2022 11:33 PM in response to shylah224

Water damage is not covered by warranty and having the Genius Bar fix it is your best solution if you need to trade it.

If you tell them that you wish to trade it, you should be issued a gift card on the spot as soon as it’s fixed. 😉

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status.

Jun 1, 2022 3:33 AM in response to shylah224

You'll need to get it repaired to trade it in. That to me seems like a losing proposition right there. I doubt seriously you'll break even on that score, most likely they'll offer you a trade in that's less than what you paid to repair. Offering the same is a waste of time and offering more is a very bad business decision.

Trade in for my water damage MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.