Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't import photos from iPhone to Photos app in Monterey

I connect my iPhone to my MBPro 14" (running macOS Monterey 12.4), the iPhone's camera roll does not show up as a source in Photos. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 12:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 4:50 AM

Thanks Léonie, but the iPhone was unlocked, and Image Capture was showing 0 devices available.

However, I have restarted both devices, and reconnected the cable at both ends, and that seems to have solved the problem, for now at least. I'm now suspecting that the cable (third party, not Apple) may be dodgy...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2022 4:50 AM in response to léonie

Thanks Léonie, but the iPhone was unlocked, and Image Capture was showing 0 devices available.

However, I have restarted both devices, and reconnected the cable at both ends, and that seems to have solved the problem, for now at least. I'm now suspecting that the cable (third party, not Apple) may be dodgy...

Jun 1, 2022 3:04 AM in response to ipsyd

Is the iPhone unlocked?

check, if at least the image Capture app can see the iPhone. Image Capture can also directly save photos from the iPhone to Photos.

if Image Capture is showing the iPhone with a Cloud behind the icon, you are having iCloud Photos enabled on the iPhone and may take a very long time to prepare the photos for import. In that case it may be better to import the photos directly from iCloud and not from the iPhone, because the photos will be stored in iCloud and only mirrored on the iPhone and you are risking to import duplicates and only a random selection, not all photos.

Can't import photos from iPhone to Photos app in Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.