Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I edit contacts on my iPhone 13?

The contacts revert to the old, out of date information.

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 3:32 PM

Hi, PamFargo,

It sounds like you are having a hard time getting your contacts to update as expected. How we address this depends upon where your contacts originate from.

If these are contacts syncing from iCloud, it should contain your most up-to-date contact list. Make sure iCloud contacts are enabled under Settings > [ your name ] > iCloud > Contacts.

Likewise, if you sync your contacts from another account (like a Gmail or Microsoft account), make sure contacts are enabled under that account in Settings > Contacts > Accounts > [ the account you sync with ] > Contacts.

For more information on managing your contacts, check out Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

And if you do sync with iCloud, it is enabled, but your contacts still are missing or not updating, try the steps in the following Apple Support resource: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support

Best!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2022 3:32 PM in response to PamFargo

Hi, PamFargo,

It sounds like you are having a hard time getting your contacts to update as expected. How we address this depends upon where your contacts originate from.

If these are contacts syncing from iCloud, it should contain your most up-to-date contact list. Make sure iCloud contacts are enabled under Settings > [ your name ] > iCloud > Contacts.

Likewise, if you sync your contacts from another account (like a Gmail or Microsoft account), make sure contacts are enabled under that account in Settings > Contacts > Accounts > [ the account you sync with ] > Contacts.

For more information on managing your contacts, check out Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

And if you do sync with iCloud, it is enabled, but your contacts still are missing or not updating, try the steps in the following Apple Support resource: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support

Best!

Why can’t I edit contacts on my iPhone 13?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.