Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 3 is activation locked

I bought it from an individual who deleted their Facebook and their phone is out of service as well! They told me that they would give me the password to the iCloud account and that is when they shut everything down! This was at Christmas and so I spent $80 and I can’t unlock it can anyone help me please???😭

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 11:39 PM

there is no way to resolve it

This is a user forum, you are not addressing apple here  just  fellow users

the activation lock is not really on the ipad it's a theft protection measure on apples servers

it needs to be removed

About Activation

Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

if you don't know your appleID Recover Your Apple ID - Apple

if that does not help you then you need the assistance of apple

Additional Support - Activation Lock (apple.com)

and or

Get Support (apple.com) , Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2022 11:39 PM in response to Mooreleigh1974

there is no way to resolve it

This is a user forum, you are not addressing apple here  just  fellow users

the activation lock is not really on the ipad it's a theft protection measure on apples servers

it needs to be removed

About Activation

Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

if you don't know your appleID Recover Your Apple ID - Apple

if that does not help you then you need the assistance of apple

Additional Support - Activation Lock (apple.com)

and or

Get Support (apple.com) , Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Jun 2, 2022 12:15 AM in response to Mooreleigh1974

So, basically, you were scammed. No, you're right, you can't unlock it, only the original owner can do that. The salutary lesson here is to not buy Apple devices from individuals on Facebook. Security exists for a reason - if you lost your iDevice, or had it stolen, would you want the finder/thief being able to access your data...?

No, there is nothing you can do. Your only option is to recycle it. Just a thought: you could be in possession of stolen goods; as he disappeared fast, he obviously wanted to offload it. He likely wasn't the original owner, found it was activation locked, and was looking to offload it to the first mug he could find - which, unfortunately, just happened to be you.

Apple Watch series 3 is activation locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.