Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing set up help needed

I am trying to set up family sharing but when I press ‘create an account for a child’ I get this message

If I try invite people I get ‘cannot complete action’.

I get this on all devices. I have tried signing out and back in and have also contacted apple support via text but they could not solve the issue and said I would get a call from a senior support team- that call never came so I am hoping someone on here can help?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 12:23 AM

2 replies

Jun 3, 2022 7:38 AM in response to emmyan

Hello emmyan,

Looking at your screenshot, it looks like setting up Family Sharing didn't complete, as the message advises to "first set up Family Sharing..."

If you review the steps in this article, have you been able to follow them successfully?

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap your name.
iPhone showing Family Sharing in Settings.
3. Tap Family Sharing, then tap Set Up Your Family.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to set up your family and invite your family members.

if so, and you still receive an error message, you'll want to contact Apple Support by phone, so they can assist further. This page has the contact numbers for various countries:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Cheers!

Jun 3, 2022 9:30 AM in response to mingoslkd

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and for trying to help.

Yes, I have, when I get to ‘set up your family’ I then get 2 options either to invite people which gives me the ‘cannot complete action’ message or ‘create child account’ which gives me the message on the screenshot. This happens on all devices so I can’t set it up.

It so frustrating!

Thanks again.

Family sharing set up help needed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.