Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My older apps must be under a different apple id. cant use.

My older apps must be under a different apple id. cant use. How can i merge them?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 1:17 PM

You can't merge purchases between 2 Apple ID. You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.   *

ASC YouTube for Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up.  *

Family Sharing - Set up on iPhone.  -

If you can't use the different Apple ID, one option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.  *

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2022 1:17 PM in response to boylerchins

You can't merge purchases between 2 Apple ID. You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.   *

ASC YouTube for Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up.  *

Family Sharing - Set up on iPhone.  -

If you can't use the different Apple ID, one option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.  *

My older apps must be under a different apple id. cant use.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.