Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD will not eject.

Every once in a while my external mac dvd drive will not eject. Sometimes command line "drutil eject" will work, but often it will not. Luckily windows can handle this. So I just have to keep a good old reliable windows box around so I can plug in the drive into windows, then go to devices and hit eject. And boop out comes the dvd. And then I can take the drive back to the mac and it will work find for a while, till it does not. I would like to know what Mac OS can do to provide a better force eject method. It's obviously possible, windows does it.

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 11:43 AM

Hold the mouse-button down at startup.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 2, 2022 2:26 PM in response to dheideman

Hmm… go with what Grant Bennet-Alder said… i though there was a tiny hole near the front of the dvd drive and inserting a straightened paperclip

in that hole would pop

the tray out just enough so you could gently grab it and retrieve your cd or dvd… there Used to be one.., at least on “full sized” dvd drives… on portables/externals/slim dvd drives, i’m not too sure…

john b

DVD will not eject.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.