Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.3.3 is missing adjustment options

On a previous version of iMovie I was able to add picture-in-picture and blur out faces or license plate numbers with an overlay. I cannot find any such "advanced options" or "adjustments" in iMovie 10.3.3. Selecting a video clip in my project does not produce a new icon for adjust or overlay or whatever, as people have said is the way this version operates. I am running Monterey v 12.4 on an Intel-based MacBook Air and downloaded iMovie via the app store. There is a "Paste Adjustments" option under Edit in the menu, but these are all grayed out and I've been searching for a solution for a couple of hours but am just perplexed. (screen capture below)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 1:42 PM

Place and select the clip that you want to overlay into the timeline above the receiving clip. That will cause the overlay tool (the one with overlapping squares) to appear in the tool bar at the upper right hand of your screen.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies

iMovie 10.3.3 is missing adjustment options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.