Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Drive for desktop won't install for Monterey 12.4

Running Monterey version 12.4 and can't get Google Drive for desktop to install.

Get a prompt "Google Drive needs your approval to load your files" and to "Open Security & Privacy settings." Once I do that, however, there is no prompt to grant access to Google.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 7:59 AM

Shlain wrote:

Running Monterey version 12.4 and can't get Google Drive for desktop to install.
Get a prompt "Google Drive needs your approval to load your files" and to "Open Security & Privacy settings." Once I do that, however, there is no prompt to grant access to Google.

For your third party app—

if in doubt search the developers website or contact: Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility/Updates

Google Drive Help

Contact Google Drive support - Computer

If it is a matter of given your Google drive permission..

>System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy>Full Disk Access

Controlling app access to files in macOS - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2022 7:59 AM in response to Shlain

Shlain wrote:

For your third party app—

if in doubt search the developers website or contact: Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility/Updates

Google Drive Help

Contact Google Drive support - Computer

If it is a matter of given your Google drive permission..

>System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy>Full Disk Access

Controlling app access to files in macOS - Apple Support

Google Drive for desktop won't install for Monterey 12.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.