Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't restore iPad mini 4 , Error 4047

My iPad mini 4 , shutdown him self, now start show the apple logo, , after black screen y after faster red screen. I tried restore but when is waiting answer of iPad after a while show the "unknow error (4047)"

¿Somebody Know Fixit?

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 6:44 AM

Hi plucky_74,

To clarify, the iPads display flashes a solid red at times? Also, does it just continuously restart, or does it eventually get to the Apple logo and stall? Or is it a different screen you see on the iPad itself.

Additionally, take a look over the tips here: If you can't update or restore your iPad - Apple Support. If you're unable to get the iPad back into working order by using the "Update" option, you'd need to select "Restore".

If that also fails, try a different cable and port on your computer.

Let us know the results from there.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2022 6:44 AM in response to plucky_74

Hi plucky_74,

To clarify, the iPads display flashes a solid red at times? Also, does it just continuously restart, or does it eventually get to the Apple logo and stall? Or is it a different screen you see on the iPad itself.

Additionally, take a look over the tips here: If you can't update or restore your iPad - Apple Support. If you're unable to get the iPad back into working order by using the "Update" option, you'd need to select "Restore".

If that also fails, try a different cable and port on your computer.

Let us know the results from there.

Jun 4, 2022 5:04 PM in response to DerekM87

DerekM87, Thank You for you support.

I will try to explain myself, the logo appears, it goes to a black screen then to a red screen very quickly and restarts, and repeats the cycle, but only if this is connected connected to power, if it's connected to the iMac it doesn't do anything.

In the iMac I push de start and power button, and start the restore process, but no finish the process how I exposed before.

it starts but does not finish the restore process, giving error 4047.

I already tried changing cables, even with computers (macbook, iMac and PC) but the result is the same.

I hope it's not something serious and I can recover the ipad, at least know what the 4047 error is and know if the storage memory or the OS memory is damaged, since it can't start and when it starts the process it does, but already does not respond to continue it.

I really appreciate your support.

Can't restore iPad mini 4 , Error 4047

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.