Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not activated

This morning I woke up to my iMessages not working. When I check the message section to make sure "iMessage" toggle is on, it says waiting for activation when the toggle is green.

It will send regular sms text however to recipients, for those who are non iPhone users or have the sms setting text on their iPhones enabled.

My phone has never done this before. I did no change to my phone last night or messed with any settings. I don't know how to fix this. I've reset/turned off my phone several times. I have an old iphone 6 plus. Despite being an older version its still okay to use. I do notice I'm still on iOS 12.5.5 and it hasn't sent me the next update for a while now. It's been on the same one for 6 months.

How do fix my iMessage situation. Help?

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 9:47 AM

Jaranita wrote:

This morning I woke up to my iMessages not working. When I check the message section to make sure "iMessage" toggle is on, it says waiting for activation when the toggle is green.
It will send regular sms text however to recipients, for those who are non iPhone users or have the sms setting text on their iPhones enabled.
My phone has never done this before. I did no change to my phone last night or messed with any settings. I don't know how to fix this. I've reset/turned off my phone several times. I have an old iphone 6 plus. Despite being an older version its still okay to use. I do notice I'm still on iOS 12.5.5 and it hasn't sent me the next update for a while now. It's been on the same one for 6 months.

Follow ALL steps here If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2022 9:47 AM in response to Jaranita

Jaranita wrote:

Follow ALL steps here If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

iMessage not activated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.