Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

anyone have issues with latest updates?

Apple TV 4K update not working for 15.5.1 - anyone else having issues?

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 8:34 AM

That’s honestly a good idea. Some of these updates lately just seem to cause more problems than solutions. If I had known that the most recent update was going to be this buggy for me, I would not have updated. Hopefully, you have better luck, and don’t have as many issues.

5 replies

Jun 4, 2022 8:52 AM in response to sbeckas

Hi sbeckas,

We understand that you're unable to update your Apple TV.

Check out this resource which will help you to troubleshoot installing the Apple TV update: Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Get help
• If you can’t update your Apple TV, make sure that you’re connected to a Wi-Fi or Ethernet network.
• If the progress bar for the update appears stuck or paused, don’t unplug your Apple TV. Allow more time for the update to complete. If you've been waiting for more than an hour, contact Apple Support before you restart or unplug or Apple TV.
• If there is an issue during the update, you might see a message that asks you to Erase All Settings or Restart. Try the Restart option first. If you see the same message again, select Erase All Settings.
• If your Apple TV doesn't turn on after the update is complete, learn what to do
• For other issues, contact Apple Support.

We hope this helps.

Take care!

Jun 8, 2022 8:10 AM in response to sbeckas

I’m not sure the extent of the issues that you are having, but I will say that the most recent update seems to be more glitchy/laggy. One example that I have noticed is that my ApplyTV 4K now has issues loading the screensaver. It will sometimes just load a black screen, instead of the flyover shots. Pressing the menu button twice will take me back to the Home Screen and reload the wallpaper. Then it will work fine. I have also been having ongoing issues since the last update with Apple Music. I posted about those concerns in the Apple Music section. I’m definitely not happy with this most recent update. Everything was working fine before this.

anyone have issues with latest updates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.