Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my iPhone 13 Pro Max compatible with a series 3 Apple Watch?

I have a iPhone 13 pro max, is my phone compatible with a series 3 Apple Watch? I’m having problems connecting my watch and phone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 1:19 AM

The apple watch 3 GPS only has only 8GB of internal storage, most of that is taken

up by the operating system and other critical software with not much space left for the

update.So installing or even pairing to an ios15 phone is proving nearly

impossible for just about all the watch 3 users on this forum.

same applies to Apple watch 1 and 2 they are almost impossible to either pair or

update with an ios 14 or ios15 phone.

Your best course of action is to call in at an apple store and ask them to pair/update it for you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2022 1:19 AM in response to nikole211

The apple watch 3 GPS only has only 8GB of internal storage, most of that is taken

up by the operating system and other critical software with not much space left for the

update.So installing or even pairing to an ios15 phone is proving nearly

impossible for just about all the watch 3 users on this forum.

same applies to Apple watch 1 and 2 they are almost impossible to either pair or

update with an ios 14 or ios15 phone.

Your best course of action is to call in at an apple store and ask them to pair/update it for you.

Jun 2, 2022 7:21 PM in response to nikole211

FWIW a lot of people have had trouble setting up and updating a series 3 watch. With the limited memory in a series 3 watch, your best option may be to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them look at it:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

See the replies to:

Apple Watch 3 is stuck on preparing updat… - Apple Community

Is my iPhone 13 Pro Max compatible with a series 3 Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.