Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Menu bar clock "disapears" in Monterey 12.4

A question was asked on April 19, 2021 with 50 "me too's". It was not fully resolved and the last post was on December 29, 2021. See Monterey menu bar clock - Apple Community

My take on the question may be different. I find that the clock is present, but is seen in a color so closely resembling the color of the menu bar as to appear invisible. When clicked on, for example to reveal the Notification Center, the clock changes to white.

Does this describe the problem others are having?

Has anyone found a solution other than the suggestions in above mentioned article?

Thanks,

Ron

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 6:13 AM

the dim clock is actually a "feature". it tells you the status of "do not disturb" at a glance. 

when DND is turned on, the clock is dim.

but when it's off, the clock is bright

but if you place the DND icon permanently on the menubar the clock will stay bright regardless of if DND is turned off or on. instead, the DND icon goes dim or bright.

DND turned on:

DND turned off:

just open control centre and drag DND from control centre and drop it on your menubar. you drag it by the text, not the icon.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2022 6:13 AM in response to rcalt

the dim clock is actually a "feature". it tells you the status of "do not disturb" at a glance. 

when DND is turned on, the clock is dim.

but when it's off, the clock is bright

but if you place the DND icon permanently on the menubar the clock will stay bright regardless of if DND is turned off or on. instead, the DND icon goes dim or bright.

DND turned on:

DND turned off:

just open control centre and drag DND from control centre and drop it on your menubar. you drag it by the text, not the icon.

Menu bar clock "disapears" in Monterey 12.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.