Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule

How can I retrieve a backup on my Time Capsule. I can't find the menu button to proceed.

Thanks for help.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 12:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 5:41 AM

On your Mac.......

Click on the Time Machine icon on the dock at the bottom of the Mac's screen

or

Click on the Time Machine "clock" icon at the top of the Mac's screen and select Enter Time Machine

Give Time Machine some time to load everything........10-15 minutes

Use the timeline scale at the right of the screen to go back and select date for the backup file that you want to restore

Use the Finder interface to navigate and locate the file or folder that want to restore

Click Restore at the bottom of the Time Machine window

Click Cancel to get out of Time Machine and return to your Mac's desktop

However........if you have a new Mac and you want to use a Time Machine backup to restore and make the new Mac look just like your old Mac........then that is a completely different type of operation. Post back if that might be the case.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2022 5:41 AM in response to CervinCH22

On your Mac.......

Click on the Time Machine icon on the dock at the bottom of the Mac's screen

or

Click on the Time Machine "clock" icon at the top of the Mac's screen and select Enter Time Machine

Give Time Machine some time to load everything........10-15 minutes

Use the timeline scale at the right of the screen to go back and select date for the backup file that you want to restore

Use the Finder interface to navigate and locate the file or folder that want to restore

Click Restore at the bottom of the Time Machine window

Click Cancel to get out of Time Machine and return to your Mac's desktop

However........if you have a new Mac and you want to use a Time Machine backup to restore and make the new Mac look just like your old Mac........then that is a completely different type of operation. Post back if that might be the case.

Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.