Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch is NOT waterproof?

I bought the SE version for my mother last June 2021. She does water aerobics 3 times a week while wearing the SE.. in November, the Watch didn’t turn on after charging it over night. Took it to the Apple authorized service (we don’t have an Apple Store where my mother lives) They told me that the Watch may have a water problem due to my mother not using the crown after each use in the pool, and gave me a “new” watch. Last week the new Watch stopped working again. I took it to the same service. This time a new guy working there told me I shouldn’t get the Watch in the water. That Apple’s statement about waterproof is very loose. What gives???

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 7

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 11:47 AM

I agree. This has been a very disappointing realization for me and my Apple Watch. If we are going to be told using the watch in water is basically "user error" and considered water damage, then swimming should not be listed as one of the activities for the watch. My 6 series stopped working after 11 months when swimming laps. No Apple Care so no resolution other than buy a new one.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2022 11:47 AM in response to Sandovalg2

I agree. This has been a very disappointing realization for me and my Apple Watch. If we are going to be told using the watch in water is basically "user error" and considered water damage, then swimming should not be listed as one of the activities for the watch. My 6 series stopped working after 11 months when swimming laps. No Apple Care so no resolution other than buy a new one.

Jun 4, 2022 2:19 AM in response to javaliga

Thanks for the response. I do understand the difference: “The technical definition of water resistant is that it's able to resist the penetration of water to a certain degree, but not entirely. Waterproof technically means that it's impermeable to water, no matter how much time it spends in water”

what means that Apple is lying when they say that the SE “ Works swimmingly in the water.” they don’t state anything about the time that you can keep the Watch in the water!

This is Apple statement:

“Apple Watch SE is water resistant 50 meters.2 Dive right in and start tracking your splits and sets in the pool, or even map your route in open water.”

do they mean “JUST ONE SET IN POOL!!!!?!?!

Jun 17, 2022 1:25 PM in response to javaliga

The Apple Watch is not water resistant as advertised. My wife and I swam with them on for the first time while on vacation. It completely destroyed my 5 and her 3. My 5 lasted four hours after the swim. Hers made it two days, but they are both paperweights now.

Don’t go swimming with them. They are not water resistant as Apple claims.

Apple’s fix: buy two new watches.

Apple Watch is NOT waterproof?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.