Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On Apple TV How do you turn off audio narration of the scene when watching a sthow

We have been catching up on Downton Abbey by watching a few shows each day.

When we started an episode today, there was a narration of every scene & action. This never happened before. In the "community" someone said to "turn off audio descriptions (AD)". But I cannot find that listed in settings, and nothing changed when I used the microphone on the Apple remote.

How do i get rid of that narrator?

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 11:02 AM

Check that the Audio track selected is not the one with AD on it.

Click on the little text balloon icon in the bottom right corner of the playback screen, and make sure the Audio track selected is one without AD.

Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Do note, sometimes the wrong audio track is uploaded and assigned to the wrong audio track name in the list at which point there's not much that can be done except to wait for the content providers to fix the error and upload a correct audio track.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2022 11:02 AM in response to MMDCLK

Check that the Audio track selected is not the one with AD on it.

Click on the little text balloon icon in the bottom right corner of the playback screen, and make sure the Audio track selected is one without AD.

Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Do note, sometimes the wrong audio track is uploaded and assigned to the wrong audio track name in the list at which point there's not much that can be done except to wait for the content providers to fix the error and upload a correct audio track.

On Apple TV How do you turn off audio narration of the scene when watching a sthow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.