Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music library not selectable in photo MacbookPro

I cannot select any of my music in photo app on MacbookPro. When creating slideshow my music is no longer available on my new Mac. I can see it but not select it. I can however on my IPhone what could be the cause? .

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 9:56 AM

Apple Music is a subscription service where all of it's songs are DRM protected and not usable in the Photos app or any other app. With Apple Music you are basically renting the songs. One's right to listen to them is limited to personal use and depends on one keeping up the subscription. So, since you do not own the song, you cannot download it to your Mac or to any other app. Otherwise, someone could download a batch of songs and then cancel the subscription.

You can use iTunes songs in your Photos app projects, for personal non-commercial use.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2022 9:56 AM in response to Bernadette Walker

Apple Music is a subscription service where all of it's songs are DRM protected and not usable in the Photos app or any other app. With Apple Music you are basically renting the songs. One's right to listen to them is limited to personal use and depends on one keeping up the subscription. So, since you do not own the song, you cannot download it to your Mac or to any other app. Otherwise, someone could download a batch of songs and then cancel the subscription.

You can use iTunes songs in your Photos app projects, for personal non-commercial use.

-- Rich

Music library not selectable in photo MacbookPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.