Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery health

How do I request a test to see the health of my battery? As it does not show in the settings under battery on my macbook

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 12:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 6:35 AM

paulieheer wrote:

How do I request a test to see the health of my battery? As it does not show in the settings under battery on my macbook

What exact Mac is this...?

What issue are you having with your battery?

>(Option key) System Information>Hardware>Power>Battery what does it say for "Condition" ?

Determine battery cycle count for Mac notebooks - Apple ...

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2022 6:35 AM in response to paulieheer

paulieheer wrote:

What exact Mac is this...?

What issue are you having with your battery?

>(Option key) System Information>Hardware>Power>Battery what does it say for "Condition" ?

Determine battery cycle count for Mac notebooks - Apple ...

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Jun 5, 2022 10:56 AM in response to paulieheer

Previous versions of MacOS/OSX had the estimated remaining capacity viewable in System Profiler/System Report under Hardware > Power. It didn't give a percentage and one would need to look up the nominal new capacity. The tool previously mentioned (coconutBattery) can still access this data as "Full Charge Capacity" even if System Report doesn't show anything other than a broad "Condition".

https://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/

If you install it, it's a bit tricky, as the battery health is at the bottom (93%) in this case. But it puts the capacity (in mAh) over the bar for the current state of charge.

Also - the value that you can get is an estimate and can actually actually go up and down as the battery is reevaluated. I've seen crazy stuff happen such as an unplanned shutdown followed by a reported 10% loss in battery health. But after a week it was reporting close to what it was previously. So take any numbers with a grain of salt.

battery health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.